Summer Intensive Checklist
Hi there!! Summer Intensives are just around the corner so here is a quick check list to help you with your packing!!
- Lots of tights to get you through the week!!! (Maybe a few extra pairs)
- Leotards (Check with your program to see what color and/or style you may need.)
- Two pairs of flat shoes. (One as a back up pair)
- Pointe Shoes. Base how many pairs you bring Depending on the brand you wear, how long they last you typically and how many weeks the SI is. One pair of Gaynor Minden’s will last me all 6 weeks, but I will probably alternate between two pairs.
- Black tights for contemporary.
- Black and/or white skirt.
- Warmups for around the studio.
- Dance bag. A backpack is good to have if you will be walking a lot or have a longer commute.
- Toe pads/spacers
- Toe Tape
- Second Skin
- Arnica gel.
- Tiger balm.
- Aleve or some sort of anti inflammatory. . I don’t like to take pain reliever very often but it is good to have just in case.
- Foam roller. Trigger point has cute colors.
- The stick for massaging.
- Icepacks or a bucket to ice your feet in.(Can buy there)
- Heating pad.
- Epson Salts for soaking in if you have access to a bath.
- Bobby Pins
- Hair nets
- Hair spray
- Straightener or curling iron.
- Check the weather for where you SI is located. Most places are pretty warm.
- A couple nice outfits for going out or for seeing some ballets.
- Good walking tennis shoes.
- A pair of nice heels or booties.
- I like to bring my combat boots. (I insert an extra sole into the shoe for better support and comfort.)
- Flip flops are good to bring for communal showers or just walking around the dorms.
- A light jacket.
Some things are easier to buy once you arrive at your location.
- Laundry Detergent
- Laundry Bag
- Pots/Pans/Cooking ware. (Check with your roommate or the place you are staying to see what they have.)
- Phone Charger
- Portable phone charger
- Credit/Debit cards.
- Posters/pictures to decorate your room where you are staying. Check out my blog post on my top 10 poster ideas
- Sewing Kit
- ID if you have one or need one.
- Lunch box.
- Small plastic containers for food.
Check with where you are staying to see if you need to bring bedding. If so, it maybe be a good idea to ship those items ahead. You can typically find good items available on amazon prime with two day shipping.
Obviously this is just an idea of what to bring and some of the things I like to bring. Good luck with your packing and let me know if you think of anything else to add to the list! Have fun at your Summer Intensives.
Let me know if you think of anything to add to this!